Market Entry Strategy to Indonesia (MES) 2023
Updated May 31, 2023.
- 2 credits
- English-taught classes
- Visits to industry
- Cultural trips
|Monday, July 17||Orientation and Introduction to Indonesia|
|Lecture 1 – Doing Business in Indonesia: Economic, Political, and Cultural Considerations|
|Lecture 2 – Internationalization of Business: A Global Perspective|
|Tuesday, July 18||Lecture 3 – Export/Import Modes|
|Lecture 4 – Intermediary Entry Modes|
|Lecture 5 – Hierarchical Modes|
|Wednesday, July 19||Public Holiday – Cultural Trip|
|Thursday, July 20||Lecture 6 – Product and Service Decisions|
|Lecture 7 – Sourcing Decision and the Role of the Suppliers|
|Lecture 8 – Pricing Decisions and Terms of Doing Business|
|Friday, July 21||Visits to industry|
|Saturday, July 22||Lecture 9 – Distribution Decisions|
|Lecture 10 – Communication Decisions and Cross-Cultural Business Etiquettes|
|Sunday, July 23||Departure to Yogyakarta|
|Monday, July 24||Group activity: Orientation and Introduction to the Final Project|
|Guest Lecture: Current Issues with SMEs Business in Yogyakarta|
|Group activity: Project Planning & Journalist Assignment|
|Tuesday, July 25||Visits to SMEs|
|Wednesday, July 26||Group activity: Journalist Assignment (continued) & Project Refinement|
|Thursday, July 27||Group activity: Project Refinement (continued)|
|Meet the facilitators|
|Friday, July 28||Gallery Walk: Project Showcase|
|Saturday, July 29||Cultural Trip|
|Sunday, July 30||Departure to Jakarta and home country|
*Schedule is subject to change
|April 1–June 9||Application Submission|
|June 14||Confirmation of successful applicants|
|June 14–23||Program fee payment*|
|July 8||Mandatory briefing for all participants and facilitators|
|July 16||Program starts|
|July 30||Program ends|
- Non-Indonesian higher education institution: Be an undergraduate student from any majors
- BINUS University: Be an undergraduate student from International Business Management Program
- Has good command of the English language
- Be highly motivated and open-minded
- Student from non-Indonesian higher education institution: USD 350 (non-refundable).
The program fee includes all lectures, visits to industry, a shared standard room and breakfasts for 14 days, partial lunches and dinners, local airport transfers, cultural trips, and roundtrip flights Jakarta–Yogyakarta–Jakarta.
- Selected BINUS students: FREE.
The program fee includes all lectures, visits to industry, a shared standard room and breakfasts for 7 days in Yogyakarta, partial lunches and dinners, local airport transfers, cultural trips, and roundtrip flights Jakarta–Yogyakarta–Jakarta.
- An invoice and guidelines on how to make the payment will be sent to successful applicants upon the completion of the selection process.
- Successful participants must arrange and pay for their return flights from their home country to Jakarta, and vice versa.
- The program fee is entirely waived for selected BINUS students.
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare the following documents (only pdf, jpg, jpeg, and png are accepted) and complete the Registration Form (https://bit.ly/binusmes2023):
- Scan copy of English proficiency certificate. A letter from the home university stating that the applicant has a good command of the English language, or the applicant is taking English-taught courses at the home university, is acceptable.
- Scan copy of Student ID card
- Scan copy of colored passport (cover only) – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Scan copy of colored passport (identity information page only) – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Color photo (not less than 100 KB)
- Insurance card/financial capability statement letter – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Scan copy of KTP – Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Health certificate (stating health condition in general, issued by a hospital and signed by a doctor) – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Vaccine certificate (two doses)
Deadline registration: June 2, 2023.
|I am an exchange student at the BINUS University campus. Can I apply?||Yes, you are also considered a BINUS student during your mobility program. If you are selected, the program fees will be waived for you.
|I am an Indonesian student from an Indonesian university. Can I apply?||Unfortunately, no. This program is only for students from BINUS University or a non-Indonesian higher education institution.|
|I am an Indonesian student from a non-Indonesian higher education institution. Can I apply?||Yes.|
|I am a non-Indonesian student from an Indonesian higher education institution. Can I apply?||Unfortunately, no. This program is only for students from BINUS University or a non-Indonesian higher education institution.|
|I am a student from International Business Management program. I am selected as one of the participants. Should I pay the program fees?||No. The program fees are fully waived for you. We will also pay your flight tickets from Jakarta to Yogyakarta, vice versa.|
|I am a student from a non-Indonesian higher education institution. I am selected as one of the participants. Should I pay the program fees?||Yes. If you receive the invoice, please make the payment by June 30, 2023, at the latest.
Please note that you also must arrange and pay for your own transportation from your home country to Jakarta and return.
The program fees include a shared-room standard room for 14 nights. The check-in date is July 16, 2023. The check-out date is July 30, 2023. If you stay before July 16 or after July 30, you must pay the cost at your own expense.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY EVIDENCE|
|I do not have any TOEFL/IELTS/PET/DET certificates. Can I submit another certificate?||Yes.
|ATTENDANCE WAIVER (BINUS STUDENTS ONLY)
|Do you provide an attendance waiver?||No.|