This program is provided for those who are interested in the intercultural phenomenon and want to explore the multiple cultural life in Jakarta.
The five days program organized by BINUS University carries intercultural exposure in society interaction practices by exploring the culture of Jakarta and practicing the local customs and manners. The course aims to develop a concept of how communities in Jakarta adopt and adapt various cultural norms and respect all cultures in daily life.
Upon completion, students are expected to be able to perform their understanding and point of views towards the intercultural practices in Jakarta and how it is relatable with their home countries and ASEAN community.
The classes cover the main areas of:
- Intercultural Communication
- Discovering Wonderful Indonesia: Bhinneka Tunggal Ika
- Introduction to Bahasa Indonesia
- Lectures (including theories, case study, independent study)
- Group project (including discussion and final presentation)
The Program includes:
- Visit to company/institution/organization
- Cultural trip
|11 December 2017
||Arrival in Jakarta, Indonesia
|12 – 14 December 2017
||Refer to Itinerary
|15 December 2017
||Depart to Home Country
Download the itinerary here.
The applicants are expected to fulfil the following requirements to be able to join the program:
- Related Major: Communication, International Business Management, International Marketing
- Minimum GPA: 2.75 out of 4 (or equivalent)
- Minimum TOEFL Score: 500 (or equivalent)
Applicants who wish to participate in the Short Program must apply by November 26, 2017. The selected participants will be notified within one week after the registration deadline.
This program is free (for limited seats), including:
- Program Fee
- Accommodation (4 nights – double dorm room)
- Meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners)
- Visit and excursion
- Local Transportation
- Airport pick-up
|REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
BINUS INTERNATIONAL OFFICE – JAKARTA
Anggrek Campus, R. 331 (3rd floor)
Jl. Kebon Jeruk Raya No. 27, Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta Barat 11530, Indonesia
CP: Arlin Pusparini (Ms.)
T. +62-21 534 5830 ext. 1323 | F. +62-21 530 0244
Facebook: /binus.io | Twitter: /binus_io