International Community Development Program 2023 – Part II: Bandung
Updated March 28, 2023.
Please read all information carefully and thoroughly.
- Group activities
- Homestay with the local community in greater Bandung
- Design thinking recap
- Cultural trip
|Sunday, June 18||The arrival of the international students in Bandung.
Welcome Dinner and Group Networking (all participating students and facilitators).
|Monday, June 19, 08:00-18:00||Orientation and Introduction to Indonesia|
|Design Thinking Recap—Sense and Sensibility|
|Tuesday, June 20||Departure to the Local Community|
|Design Thinking Recap—Empathy (interview with the locals)|
|Wednesday, June 21||Design Thinking Recap—Empathy (interview with the locals)|
|Thursday, June 22||Farewell to the Local Community|
|Design Thinking Recap—Ideation|
|Design Thinking Recap—Prototyping (with group facilitators)|
|Friday, June 23, 08:00-18:00||Preparation for Gallery Walk (with group facilitators)|
|Gallery Walk and Closing|
|Saturday, June 24, 07:00-21:00||Cultural trip—Bandung area|
|Sunday, June 25||Departure to Home Country|
*Schedule is subject to change
|April 1–May 12||Application Submission|
|May 17||Announcement of successful applicants|
|May 17–26||Program fee payment *|
|June 17||Design Thinking workshop (only for BINUS students and facilitators)|
|June 18||Program starts|
|June 25||Program ends|
*Please do not make any payment before you receive the confirmation of participation from BINUS University.
- Be an active undergraduate student from any majors from BINUS University, NUNI institution members, and P2A members. (Notes: BINUS students from Greater Jakarta, Semarang, and Malang campuses are NOT eligible to apply).
- Has good command of the English language
- Be highly motivated and open-minded
- Has sufficient knowledge of design-thinking
- Student from P2A institution members: USD 150 (non-refundable).
The program fee includes a design thinking recap, a shared dorm room and breakfasts for 7 days, partial lunches and dinners, local airport transfers, and cultural trips.
- Selected BINUS and NUNI students: FREE.
The program fee includes a design thinking recap, partial lunches and dinners, and cultural trips.
- An invoice and guidelines on how to make the payment will be sent to successful applicants upon the completion of the selection process.
- Successful participants must arrange and pay for their return flights from their home country to Bandung, West Java, and vice versa.
- The program fee is entirely waived for selected BINUS and NUNI students.
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare the following documents (only pdf, jpg, jpeg, and png are accepted) and complete the Registration Form (https://bit.ly/icdp2023-2):
- Scan copy of English proficiency certificate. A letter from the home university stating that the applicant has a good command of the English language, or the applicant is taking English-taught courses at the home university, is acceptable.
- Scan copy of Student ID card
- Scan copy of colored passport (cover only) – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Scan copy of colored passport (identity information page only) – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Color photo (not less than 100 KB)
- Insurance card/financial capability statement letter – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Scan copy of KTP – Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Health certificate (stating health condition in general, issued by a hospital and signed by a doctor) – non-Indonesian applicants ONLY
- Vaccine certificate (two doses)
Deadline registration: May 12, 2023.
|I am a BINUS student from the non-Bandung campus. Can I apply?||No, but you can apply to:|
|I am an exchange student at the BINUS University campus. Can I apply?||Yes, you are also considered a BINUS student during your mobility program. If you are selected, the program fees will be waived for you. If you are not from BINUS @Bandung, you still have to provide your own accommodation, breakfast, and partial lunches and dinners during the program.
|I am a student from a non-NUNI member institution. Can I apply?||Unfortunately, no. This program is only for BINUS, NUNI, and P2A students.|
|I am a student from a non-P2A member institution. Can I apply?||Unfortunately, no. This program is only for BINUS, NUNI, and P2A students. You can apply to ICDP 2023 – Final: Bali if you are a student from a non-Indonesian/non-P2A institution.|
|I am a student from BINUS @Bandung. I am selected as one of the participants. Should I pay the program fees?||No. You still have to provide your own accommodation, breakfast, and partial lunches and dinners during the program.|
|I am a student from a NUNI member institution. I am selected as one of the participants. Should I pay the program fees?||No. You still have to provide your own accommodation, breakfast, and partial lunches and dinners during the program.|
|I am a student from a P2A member institution. I am selected as one of the participants. Should I pay the program fees?||Yes. If you receive the invoice, please make the payment by May 26, 2023, at the latest.
Please note that you also must arrange and pay for your own transportation from your home country to Bandung and return.
The program fees include shared-room accommodation at a hotel affiliated with BINUS for 7 (seven) nights. The check-in date is June 18, 2023. The check-out date is June 25, 2023. If you stay before June 18 or after June 25, you must pay the cost at your own expense.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY EVIDENCE|
|I do not have any TOEFL/IELTS/PET/DET certificates. Can I submit another certificate?||Yes.
|ATTENDANCE WAIVER (BINUS STUDENTS ONLY)
|Do you provide an attendance waiver?||We will submit a dispensation request to the Student/Lecturer Service Center. Please note that the confirmation of the attendance waiver is subject to the decision made by the Student/Lecturer Service Center.|
More about International Community Development Program:
- ICDP 2023: Part I (Jakarta)
- ICDP 2023: Part III (Semarang)
- ICDP 2023: Part IV (Malang)
- ICDP 2023: Final (Bali)
- ICDP 2022
- ICDP 2022: Bringing Positive Impact in the Community.