Travel Regulations Update – Covid-19
Check the latest Travel Regulations to enter Indonesia here, and the Addendum to the latest regulation here.
The summary of the latest travel regulations based on the CIRCULAR NUMBER 19 OF 2022
ON HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AMID CORONA VIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
1. Foreign Citizens (WNA) who will enter Indonesia must follow the general provisions of travel within the territory of Indonesia, including: a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination and the use of the PeduliLindungi application.
2. Travelers no longer need to show a negative RT-PCR test result from their country or region of origin.
3. Travelers can enter the territory of Indonesia through a predetermined entry point.
4. Upon arrival, PPLN must undergo a COVID-19 symptom check, including a body temperature check, with the following conditions:
- If there are no symptoms of COVID-19 and body temperature is below 37.5 degrees Celsius: no need to undergo RT-PCR re-examination upon arrival..
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or body temperature is above 37.5 degrees Celsius: must undergo RT-PCR re-examination upon arrival.
5. Quarantine applies for PPLN with the following categories:
- Quarantine period of 5 x 24 hours for those who have not received the vaccine or still receive incomplete doses at least 14 days before departure.
- Children under 18 years of age and/or requiring special protection can follow the time conditions imposed on parents or guardians/travel companions.
6. Obligation Show COVID-19 vaccination certificate (physical or digital) except for PPLN with the following categories:
- PPLN who hold diplomatic visas or official visas related to official/state visits of foreign officials at ministerial level and above and foreigners who enter Indonesia under the Travel Corridor Arrangement scheme, according to the principle of reciprocity;.;
- PPLN Foreigner who wish to travel domestically in order to continue their journey outside the territory of Indonesia, are safe not to leave the airport area during the transit process, provided that (i) has been authorized by the Port Health Office (KKP)
local and (ii) showing flight schedules outside the territory of Indonesia for direct transit from the city of departure to the international airport of the territory of Indonesia;.
- PPLN under 18 years of age;
- PPLN Have finished carrying out COVID-19 isolation or treatment and have been declared inactive in transmitting COVID-19, with the requirement to bring a doctor’s certificate (COVID-19 recovery certificate) from a government hospital or ministry of health in the country/region of origin of departure; or
- PPLN having a special health condition or comorbid disease that causes the traveler to be unable to receive the vaccine, as evidenced by a doctor’s certificate from a government hospital.
- PPLN having a doctor’s statement from the government hospital of the country/region of origin of departure.
7. The Indonesian COVID-19 Task Force/BNPB Circular Note No 19 Year 2022 is effective from 18 May, 2022 until a later date is determined.
8. For all Domestic Travelers (PPDN) using air, sea, and land transportation modes, using private or public vehicles, crossings, and intercity trains from and to regions throughout Indonesia, the following provisions apply COVID-19 No. 18 Tahun 2022 (PPDN).:
- Domestic Travelers (PPDN) using air, sea, and land transportation modes, using private or public vehicles, crossings, and intercity trains from and to regions throughout Indonesia, the following provisions apply:
- PPDN who have received the first dose of vaccine must show a negative result of the rapid antigen test taken within 1 x 24 hours or the RT-PCR test taken within 3 x 24 hours before departure.
- PPDN under the age of 6 are exempt from the above conditions and can travel with a travel companion.
Addendum SE No 19 Year 2022 includes a deletion at number 5 the letter f which states: For PPLN foreigners, attach proof of ownership of health insurance which includes financing for handling COVID-19 and medical evacuation to a referral hospital with a minimum coverage value as determined by the organizer, manager, or local government;
However, we advice to purchase a Travel Insurance to cover Covid-19 emergencies due to travel to Indonesia.