The International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP) is a network of over 300 colleges and universities in 50 countries cooperating to provide affordable access to international education through ISEP Exchange or ISEP Direct (Study Abroad).
ISEP Exchange allows you to switch places with another ISEP student for one or two semester(s) and each pays home university fees for tuition, housing and meals. Additionally, credit transfer opportunity is possible, which means that BINUS will acknowledge your final score/grade for certain courses that you took at host site to be transferred back to BINUS. Please consult with your department for further inquiries.
As mentioned above, ISEP Exchange programs are based on the exchange benefit between institutions. As a participant, you will have to pay BINUS tuition fee, while the tuition fee at host site is fully waived. The interesting part is that you will receive a standard benefit package based on the local rate equivalent to accommodation and meals at BINUS. Benefits for ISEP Exchange are equivalent, not identical. They are based on the norm at your host institution and may be different from housing and meal costs at your home institution. For example, you pay the cost of a regular tuition, fees, housing and meals at BINUS and you might receive a meal stipend at host site which amount is different from what you paid at BINUS; it is based on the local cost of living and the amount that the outgoing international student has paid for you to take his/her place. The amount that you have paid at BINUS will be used by another ISEP student who studies at BINUS. With this arrangement, a “place” and set of benefits are created for incoming exchange students at BINUS. And each ISEP student makes a similar arrangement at his/her home institution.
Why the Exchange Program?
The benefits of taking the exchange program are limitless, really! It is a rewarding and enriching experience which allows you to immerse yourself in a different culture, potentially pick up a new language and see the world from a different perspective. You will make friends for a lifetime and have the key to open the door of global networking opportunities.
|Cost Componet||At BINUS/Home Country
||At Exchange Site/Host Country
|Tuition fee (BP3 and SKS)||Yes, Auto debit||Fully waived|
||Paid to BINUS
(Appr. IDR 35,500,000/semester but subject to change)
|You will receive the standard benefit package based on host policy|
|Personal Expenses and Living Costs||–||Yes
(living cost will depend on student’s lifestyle)
Students are also responsible for airfare and visa fees according to personal arrangements.
|HOW TO APPLY|
- Highly motivated and assertive
- Registered as an active student at BINUS UNIVERSITY/BINUS INTERNATIONAL/BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Has at least completed two semesters of studies at BINUS. *Note: preparation may start from the 2nd semester
- Strong academics, supported by the latest GPA (Min 2.75 out of 4.00)*
- Strong English or host country language skills**
- University mapping (cooperation between student and Jurusan with IO as a liaison)
The matrix is for reference only. Students are strongly recommended to search corresponding courses on partner universities on their own.
- Good personality & maturity
- Positively contribute to BINUS and host university
* Note: others with GPA lower than 3.00 may apply if able to provide/prove other type of awards, achievements, and so on
** English Proficiency Test
Generally, for English language skills: TOEFL with score min 79 (iBT) or 550 (paper based); IELTS 6.00.
TOEFL iBT – formal score (strongly recommended)
IELTS – formal score (strongly recommended)
TOEFL ITP (Institutional Testing Program) – (less recommended)
Certificate Language Proficiency must be issued by official Testing Centers
- TOEFL iBT issued by ETS (Educational Testing Service)
- IELTS issued by British Council
- JLPT issued by Japan Foundation
- DELF/ DALF issued by IFI (Institut Français d’Indonésie) with minimum level B1
TOEFL Score from BINUS (BUEPT) or other prediction score is not acceptable.
- For ISEP Exchange, find your top 10 institutions (by priority) as your exchange destination by doing independent research on ISEP website. In finding the right site, please make sure your choice of courses are offered and matched. Follow the guidance and download the field of study. Please also find other detail information on the website of institution of your choice.
- Fill out the Study Abroad Application Form – BINUSIAN.
- Submit the form along with the supporting documents to International Office no later than the deadline. Please make sure that you have completed the entire fields on the application form to ensure the application to be processed.
|❯❯ Application Deadline|
|Exchange for Semester||Application Period|
|Fall/Winter/Odd Semester||January 15|
|Spring/Summer/Even Semester||August 15|
If the dates mentioned fall on Sunday, then deadline will be on the day after (Monday)
|❯❯ Application Procedure|
- Application Submission
- Application Review
- Application Clarification: Interview
- Result Notification (will be sent through email)
- If rejected, please reapply next semester
If accepted, the following procedures can be seen briefly through the chart below
|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)|
Please click the following LINK and find more information on our FAQ.
|Student Transnational AmbassadoR (STAR)|
STAR community is BINUS students who have experienced internationalization.
Find more info and get inspired by reading:
|DROP IN COUNSELING|
You can contact IO Student Consultants. They are BINUS students who have joined student exchange program. They can help by providing more information and by sharing their exchange experience.
You can also visit International Office during our consultation hours.
BINUS UNIVERSITY – International Office
Anggrek Campus, R.331 (3rd floor)
Phone: +62 21 534 5830 ext. 1323, 1324
Consultation Hours: Monday to Friday at 13.00 – 17.00
Published at : Updated